In our last tutorial, we showed how you can resolve module name disputes. In this tutorial we will show you how to work with Teams and Orgs in npm.
There are three levels of npm org users:
- The super admin, the super admin controls billing & adding people to the org.
- The team admin, the team admin manages team membership & package access.
- The developer, the developer works on packages they are given access to.
Only the Super admin can add users to the org, because it impacts the monthly bill. The super admin uses the website to manage membership. There is a developers team in every org and all users are automatically added to it.
The team admin manages the team creation, team membership, and the package access for teams.
The team admin can only grant package access to teams and not to individuals.
The developer accesses packages based on the team that they are on. The access they granted could be either read-write or read-only.
There are two main commands in npm org, they are:
- npm team see npm-team for more details
- npm access see npm-access for more details
The Team Admins create teams
- check to see who you have added to your org
npm team ls <org>:developers
npm team create <org:team>
npm team add <org:team><user>
How to publish a package and adjust the package access?
- Run the following command in the package directory
so you can scope it for your org and publish.
npm init - -scope=<org>
npm access grant <read-only|read-write> <org:team> [<package>]
npm access revoke <org:team> [<package>]
Monitor the access of your package
- Run the command below, to see what org packages a team member can access:
npm access ls-packages <org> <user>
npm access ls-packages <org:team>
npm access ls-collaborators <pkg>
So, we have shown you how to create and manage teams in an npm org. we also should you how to manage the access of the different team members.
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework