Python Exercise: Check the validity of a password
Python Conditional: Exercise-15 with Solution
Write a Python program to check the validity of a password (input from users).
- At least 1 letter between [a-z] and 1 letter between [A-Z].
- At least 1 number between [0-9].
- At least 1 character from [$#@].
- Minimum length 6 characters.
- Maximum length 16 characters.
import re p= input("Input your password") x = True while x: if (len(p)<6 or len(p)>12): break elif not re.search("[a-z]",p): break elif not re.search("[0-9]",p): break elif not re.search("[A-Z]",p): break elif not re.search("[$#@]",p): break elif re.search("\s",p): break else: print("Valid Password") x=False break if x: print("Not a Valid Password")
Input your [email protected] Valid Password
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program that accepts a string and calculate the number of digits and letters.
Next: Write a Python program to find numbers between 100 and 400 (both included) where each digit of a number is an even number. The numbers obtained should be printed in a comma-separated sequence.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Python skills with w3resource's quiz
Python: Tips of the Day
Returns a list with n elements removed from the beginning
def tips_take(itr, n = 1): return itr[:n] print(tips_take([1, 2, 3], 5)) print(tips_take([1, 2, 3], 0))
[1, 2, 3] 
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework