Python: Find the Nth member of the sequence
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-22 with Solution
Write a Python program to create a sequence where the first four members of the sequence are equal to one. Each successive term of the sequence is equal to the sum of the four previous ones. Find the Nth member of the sequence.
def new_seq(n): if n==1 or n==2 or n==3 or n==4: return 1 return new_seq(n-1) + new_seq(n-2) + new_seq(n-3) + new_seq(n-4) print(new_seq(5)) print(new_seq(6)) print(new_seq(7))
4 7 13
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to find the number of notes (Sample of notes: 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 ) against an given amount.
Next: Write a Python program that accept a positive number and subtract from this number the sum of its digits and so on. Continues this operation until the number is positive.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join