Python: Find the number of notes against a specified amount
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-21 with Solution
Write a Python program to find the number of notes (Samples of notes: 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500) against an amount.
Range - Number of notes(n) : n (1 ≤ n ≤ 1000000).
def no_notes(a): Q = [500, 200, 100, 50, 20, 10] x = 0 for i in range(6): q = Q[i] x += int(a / q) a = int(a % q) if a > 0: x = -1 return x print(no_notes(880)) print(no_notes(1000))
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to find the number of zeros at the end of a factorial of a given positive number.
Next: Write a Python program to create a sequence where the first four members of the sequence are equal to one, and each successive term of the sequence is equal to the sum of the four previous ones. Find the Nth member of the sequence.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join