SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution
What is SQL?
SQL stands for Structured Query Language and it is an ANSI standard computer language for accessing and manipulating database systems. It is used for managing data in relational database management system which stores data in the form of tables and relationship between data is also stored in the form of tables. SQL statements are used to retrieve and update data in a database.
The best way we learn anything is by practice and exercise questions. We have started this section for those (beginner to intermediate) who are familiar with SQL. Hope, these exercises help you to improve your SQL skills. Currently following sections are available, we are working hard to add more exercises. Happy Coding!
List of SQL Exercises
- SQL Retrieve data from tables [33 Exercises]
- SQL Boolean and Relational operators [12 Exercises]
- SQL Wildcard and Special operators [22 Exercises]
- SQL Aggregate Functions [25 Exercises]
- SQL Formatting query output [10 Exercises]
- SQL Quering on Multiple Tables [7 Exercises]
- FILTERING and SORTING on HR Database [38 Exercises]
- SQL JOINS
- SQL SUBQUERIES
- SQL Union[9 Exercises]
- SQL View[16 Exercises]
- SQL User Account Management [16 Exercise]
- Movie Database
- BASIC queries on movie Database [10 Exercises]
- SUBQUERIES on movie Database [16 Exercises]
- JOINS on movie Database [24 Exercises]
- Soccer Database
- BASIC queries on soccer Database [29 Exercises]
- SUBQUERIES on soccer Database [33 Exercises]
- Hospital Database
- Employee Database
- More to come!
Structure of inventory database :
Structure of HR database :
Structure of movie database :
Structure of soccer database :
Structure of employee database :
Structure of hospital database :
You may download the structure and data of the tables of database on which SQL Exercises are built.
Syntax diagram of SQL SELECT statement
Please note that PostgreSQL 9.4 is used and the file which you would download is generated using pg_dump
New Exercises:R Programming