Note: Determine if the string's length is greater than num. Return the string truncated to the desired length, with '...' appended to the end or the original string.
- Determine if String.prototype.length is greater than num.
- Return the string truncated to the desired length, with '...' appended to the end or the original string.
//#Source https://bit.ly/2neWfJ2 const truncateString = (str, num) => str.length > num ? str.slice(0, num > 3 ? num - 3 : num) + '...' : str; console.log(truncateString('boomerang', 7));
Improve this sample solution and post your code through Disqus
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join