PostgreSQL Create Table: Create a table to allow one of the columns of a table to contain only an auto-incremented value
11. Write a SQL statement to create a table countries including columns country_id, country_name and region_id and make sure that the column country_id will be unique and store an auto-incremented value.
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS countries ( COUNTRY_ID SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, COUNTRY_NAME varchar(40) NOT NULL, REGION_ID decimal(10,0) NOT NULL );
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a SQL statement to create a table named countries, including columns country_id, country_name and region_id and make sure that the country_id column will be a key field which will not contain any duplicate data at the time of insertion.
Next: Write a SQL statement to create a table countries, including country_id, country_name and region_id and make sure that the combination of columns country_id and region_id will be unique.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource :
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework