PostgreSQL Subquery: Find the 5th maximum salary of all salaries
15. Write a subquery to find the 5th maximum salary of all salaries.
SELECT DISTINCT salary FROM employees e1 WHERE 5 = (SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT salary) FROM employees e2 WHERE e1.salary <= e2.salary);
Sample table: employees
pg_exercises=# SELECT DISTINCT salary pg_exercises-# FROM employees e1 pg_exercises-# WHERE 5 = (SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT salary) pg_exercises(# FROM employees e2 pg_exercises(# WHERE e1.salary <= e2.salary); salary ---------- 13000.00 (1 row)
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a SQL subquery to find the employee ID, first name, last name and salary of all employees whose salary is above the average salary for their departments.
Next: Write a subquery to find the 4th minimum salary of all the salaries.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook