Python: Find whether a given array of integers contains any duplicate element
Python: Array Exercise-14 with Solution
Write a Python program to find out if a given array of integers contains any duplicate elements. Return true if any value appears at least twice in the array, and return false if every element is distinct.
Python Code :
def test_duplicate(array_nums): nums_set = set(array_nums) return len(array_nums) != len(nums_set) print(test_duplicate([1,2,3,4,5])) print(test_duplicate([1,2,3,4, 4])) print(test_duplicate([1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5]))
False True True
Python Code Editor:
Contribute your code and comments through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to convert an array to an ordinary list with the same items.
Next: Write a Python program to find the first duplicate element in a given array of integers. Return -1 If there are no such elements.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join