Python: Reads a CSV file and remove initial spaces, quotes around each entry and the delimiter
Python CSV File Reading and Writing: Exercise-6 with Solution
Write a Python program that reads a CSV file and remove initial spaces, quotes around each entry and the delimiter.
Python Code :
import csv csv.register_dialect('csv_dialect', delimiter='|', skipinitialspace=True, quoting=csv.QUOTE_ALL) with open('temp.csv', 'r') as csvfile: reader = csv.reader(csvfile, dialect='csv_dialect') for row in reader: print(row)
"country_id"|"country_name"|"region_id" "AR"|"Argentina"| 2 "AU"|"Australia"| 3 "BE"|"Belgium"| 1 "BR"|"Brazil"| 2 "CA"|"Canada"| 2
['country_id', 'country_name', 'region_id'] ['AR', 'Argentina', '2'] ['AU', 'Australia', '3'] ['BE', 'Belgium', '1'] ['BR', 'Brazil', '2'] ['CA', 'Canada', '2']
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to read a given CSV files with initial spaces after a delimiter and remove those initial spaces.
Next: Write a Python program to read specific columns of a given CSV file and print the content of the columns.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join