Python Binary Search Tree: Find the kth smallest element in a given a binary search tree (BST)
Python Binary Search Tree: Exercise-6 with Solution
Write a Python program to find the kth smallest element in a given binary search tree.
class TreeNode(object): def __init__(self, x): self.val = x self.left = None self.right = None def kth_smallest(root, k): stack =  while root or stack: while root: stack.append(root) root = root.left root = stack.pop() k -= 1 if k == 0: break root = root.right return root.val root = TreeNode(8) root.left = TreeNode(5) root.right = TreeNode(14) root.left.left = TreeNode(4) root.left.right = TreeNode(6) root.left.right.left = TreeNode(8) root.left.right.right = TreeNode(7) root.right.right = TreeNode(24) root.right.right.left = TreeNode(22) print(kth_smallest(root, 2)) print(kth_smallest(root, 3))
Python Code Editor:
Contribute your code and comments through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
name = ["Owen", "Eddie"] print(" ".join(name))
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook