Python GeoPy Package: Calculate the distance between London and New York city
Default Options Object (Nominatim API): Exercise-7 with Solution
Write a Python program to calculate the distance between London and New York city.
from geopy import distance london = ("51.5074° N, 0.1278° W") newyork = ("40.7128° N, 74.0060° W") print("Distance between London and New York city (in km):") print(distance.distance(london, newyork).km," kms")
Distance between London and New York city (in km): 5585.233578931302 kms
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
Decapitalizes the first letter of a string:
def tips_decapitalize(s, upper_rest=False): return s[:1].lower() + (s[1:].upper() if upper_rest else s[1:]) print(tips_decapitalize('PythonTips')) print(tips_decapitalize('PythonTips', True))
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework