Python: Merge multiple sorted inputs into a single sorted iterator (over the sorted values) using Heap queue algorithm
Python heap queue algorithm: Exercise-11 with Solution
Write a Python program that merges multiple sorted inputs into a single sorted iterator (over the sorted values) using the heap queue algorithm.
import heapq num1 = [25, 24, 15, 4, 5, 29, 110] num2 = [19, 20, 11, 56, 25, 233, 154] num3 = [24, 26, 54, 48] num1 = sorted(num1) num2 = sorted(num2) num3 = sorted(num3) result = heapq.merge(num1, num2, num3) print(list(result))
[4, 5, 11, 15, 19, 20, 24, 24, 25, 25, 26, 29, 48, 54, 56, 110, 154, 233]
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to get the n expensive and cheap price items from a given dataset using Heap queue algorithm.
Next: Given a n x n matrix where each of the rows and columns are sorted in ascending order, write a Python program to find the kth smallest element in the matrix.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join