Python: Make an iterator that returns evenly spaced values starting with a specified number and step
Python Itertools: Exercise-4 with Solution
Write a Python program to construct an infinite iterator that returns evenly spaced values starting with a specified number and step.
import itertools as it start = 10 step = 1 print("The starting number is ", start, "and step is ",step) my_counter = it.count(start, step) # Following loop will run for ever print("The said function print never-ending items:") for i in my_counter: print(i)
The starting number is 10 and step is 1 The said function print never-ending items: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 .... 25869 .... 1
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to generate the running maximum, minimum value of the elements of an iterable.
Next: Write a Python program to generate an infinite cycle of elements from an iterable.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join