Python: Create a list with the unique values filtered out
Python List: Exercise - 224 with Solution
Write a Python program to create a list with unique values filtered out.
- Use collections.Counter to get the count of each value in the list.
- Use a list comprehension to create a list containing only the non-unique values.
from collections import Counter def filter_unique(lst): return [item for item, count in Counter(lst).items() if count > 1] print(filter_unique([1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5]))
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to create a list with the non-unique values filtered out.
Next: Write a Python program to retrieve the value of the nested key indicated by the given selector list from a dictionary or list.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
Get Current Process Id:
import os os.getpid()
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook