Python: Create a list with the unique values filtered out
Python List: Exercise - 224 with Solution
Write a Python program to create a list with the unique values filtered out.
- Use collections.Counter to get the count of each value in the list.
- Use a list comprehension to create a list containing only the non-unique values.
from collections import Counter def filter_unique(lst): return [item for item, count in Counter(lst).items() if count > 1] print(filter_unique([1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5]))
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to create a list with the non-unique values filtered out.
Next: Write a Python program to retrieve the value of the nested key indicated by the given selector list from a dictionary or list.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Python skills with w3resource's quiz
Python: Tips of the Day
When we speak of division we normally mean (/) float division operator, this will give a precise result in float format with decimals.
For a rounded integer result there is (//) floor division operator in Python. Floor division will only give integer results that are round numbers.
print(1000 // 300) print(1000 / 300)
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework