w3resource
Python Pandas Exercises

Pandas Practice Set-1: Get randomly sample rows from diamonds DataFrame

Pandas Practice Set-1: Exercise-62 with Solution

Write a Pandas program to get randomly sample rows from diamonds DataFrame.

Sample Solution:

Python Code:

import pandas as pd
diamonds = pd.read_csv('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mwaskom/seaborn-data/master/diamonds.csv')
print("Original Dataframe:")
print(diamonds.head())
print("\nSample 5 rows from the DataFrame without replacement:")
print(diamonds.sample(n=3))

Sample Output:

Original Dataframe:
   carat      cut color clarity  depth  table  price     x     y     z
0   0.23    Ideal     E     SI2   61.5   55.0    326  3.95  3.98  2.43
1   0.21  Premium     E     SI1   59.8   61.0    326  3.89  3.84  2.31
2   0.23     Good     E     VS1   56.9   65.0    327  4.05  4.07  2.31
3   0.29  Premium     I     VS2   62.4   58.0    334  4.20  4.23  2.63
4   0.31     Good     J     SI2   63.3   58.0    335  4.34  4.35  2.75

Sample 5 rows from the DataFrame without replacement:
       carat        cut color clarity  ...   price     x     y     z
44856   0.50  Very Good     D     VS2  ...    1627  5.05  5.08  3.21
30088   0.32      Ideal     H     VS1  ...     720  4.42  4.41  2.73
48144   0.70  Very Good     J     VS2  ...    1940  5.62  5.59  3.54

[3 rows x 10 columns]

Python Code Editor:


Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.

Previous: Write a Pandas program to calculate the memory usage for each Series (in bytes) of diamonds DataFrame.
Next: Write a Pandas program to get sample 75% of the diamonds DataFrame's rows without replacement and store the remaining 25% of the rows in another DataFrame.

What is the difficulty level of this exercise?