Python: Print a string in a specified format
Python Basic: Exercise-1 with Solution
Write a Python program to print the following string in a specific format (see the output).
Sample String: "Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! Up above the world so high, Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are!"
The print statement (Python 2.6) has been replaced with a print() function (Python 2.6), with keyword arguments to replace most of the special syntax of the old print statement .
- The print() function doesn’t support the “softspace” feature of the old print statement. For example, in Python 2.x, print "A\n", "B" would write "A\nB\n"; but in Python 3.0, print("A\n", "B") writes "A\n B\n".
- Initially, you’ll be finding yourself typing the old print x a lot in interactive mode. Time to retrain your fingers to type print(x) instead!
- When using the 2to3 source-to-source conversion tool, all print statements are automatically converted to print() function calls, so this is mostly a non-issue for larger projects.
Old: print "The answer is", 3*3 New: print("The answer is", 3*23 Old: print a, # Trailing comma suppresses newline New: print(a, end=" ") # Appends a space instead of a newline Old: print # Prints a newline New: print() # You must call the function! Old: print >>sys.stderr, "fatal error" New: print("fatal error", file=sys.stderr) Old: print (a, b) # prints repr((a, b)) New: print((a, b)) # Not the same as print(a, b)
print("Twinkle, twinkle, little star, \n\tHow I wonder what you are! \n\t\tUp above the world so high, \n\t\tLike a diamond in the sky. \nTwinkle, twinkle, little star, \n\tHow I wonder what you are!")
Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! Up above the world so high, Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are!
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Python skills with w3resource's quiz
Python: Tips of the Day
try: foo() except Exception: print("Exception occured") else: print("Exception didnt occur") finally: print("Always gets here")
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework