Python: Accept the base and height of a triangle and compute the area
Python Basic: Exercise-30 with Solution
Write a Python program that will accept the base and height of a triangle and compute the area.
Python: Area of a triangle
A triangle is a polygon with three edges and three vertices. It is one of the basic shapes in geometry. A triangle with vertices A, B, and C is denoted triangle ABC.
- Vertex of a triangle: The point at which two sides of a triangle meet.
- Altitude of a triangle: The perpendicular segment from a vertex of a triangle to the line containing the opposite side.
- Base of a triangle: The side of a triangle to which an altitude is drawn.
- Height of a triangle: The length of an altitude.
b = int(input("Input the base : ")) h = int(input("Input the height : ")) area = b*h/2 print("area = ", area)
Input the base : 20 Input the height : 40 area = 400.0
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to print out a set containing all the colors from a list which are not present in another list.
Next: Write a Python program to compute the greatest common divisor (GCD) of two positive integers.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Python skills with w3resource's quiz
Python: Tips of the Day
>>> m = [x ** 2 for x in range(5)] >>> m [0, 1, 4, 9, 16]
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework