Python Exercise: Print alphabet pattern M
Python Conditional: Exercise - 22 with Solution
Write a Python program to print the alphabet pattern 'M'.
# Initialize an empty string named 'result_str' result_str = "" # Iterate through rows from 0 to 6 using the range function for row in range(0, 7): # Iterate through columns from 0 to 6 using the range function for column in range(0, 7): # Check conditions to determine whether to place '*' or ' ' in the result string # If conditions are met, place '*' in specific positions based on row and column values if (column == 1 or column == 5 or (row == 2 and (column == 2 or column == 4)) or (row == 3 and column == 3)): result_str = result_str + "* " # Append '*' followed by a space (' ') to the 'result_str' else: result_str = result_str + " " # Append two spaces (' ') to the 'result_str' result_str = result_str + "\n" # Add a newline character after each row in 'result_str' # Print the final 'result_str' containing the pattern print(result_str)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join