Create a vertical label layout in Python Tkinter
Python tkinter layout management: Exercise-1 with Solution
Write a Python program to create a Tkinter window with three labels arranged vertically using the Pack geometry manager.
import tkinter as tk # Create the main Tkinter window parent = tk.Tk() parent.title("Vertical Labels with Pack") # Create three label widgets label1 = tk.Label(parent, text="Python Exercises", padx=10, pady=5) label2 = tk.Label(parent, text="Java Exercises", padx=10, pady=5) label3 = tk.Label(parent, text="C++ Exercises", padx=10, pady=5) # Use the Pack geometry manager to arrange labels vertically label1.pack(side="top") label2.pack(side="top") label3.pack(side="top") # Run the Tkinter main loop parent.mainloop()
In the exercise above -
- import the tkinter module as tk.
- Create the main Tkinter window using tk.Tk() and set its title to "Vertical Labels with Pack."
- Create three label widgets (label1, label2, and label3) with different text labels and some padding (using padx and pady) for spacing.
- Use the pack() method to arrange labels vertically. By specifying side="top" for each label, they will be stacked below the other in the order they were packed.
- Finally, start the Tkinter main loop with parent.mainloop(), which keeps the GUI application running and displays the vertically arranged labels in the window.
Python Code Editor:
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
Memory Footprint Of An Object:
import sys x = 'farhadmalik' print(sys.getsizeof(x))
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook