Python Web Scraping: Check whether a page contains a title or not
Python Web Scraping: Exercise-11 with Solution
Write a Python program to check whether a page contains a title or not.
from urllib.request import urlopen from urllib.error import HTTPError from bs4 import BeautifulSoup def getTitle(url): try: html = urlopen(url) except HTTPError as e: return None try: bsObj = BeautifulSoup(html.read(), "lxml") title = bsObj.body.h1 except AttributeError as e: return None return title title = getTitle(url) if title == None: return "Title could not be found" else: return title print(getTitle("https://www.w3resource.com/")) print(getTitle("http://www.example.com/"))
None <h1>Example Domain</h1>
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to that retrieves an arbitary Wikipedia page of "Python" and creates a list of links on that page
Next:Write a Python program to list all language names and number of related articles in the order they appear in wikipedia.org.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join