SQL exercises on employee Database: List the employees who joined in the month January
SQL employee Database: Exercise-18 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
18. From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who joined in the month January. Return complete information about the employees.
Sample table: employees
SELECT * FROM employees WHERE to_char(hire_date, 'mon')='jan';
emp_id | emp_name | job_name | manager_id | hire_date | salary | commission | dep_id --------+----------+----------+------------+------------+---------+------------+-------- 69324 | MARKER | CLERK | 67832 | 1992-01-23 | 1400.00 | | 1001 (1 row)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the names of the employees whose length is six. Return employee name.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the name of employees and their manager separated by the string 'works for'.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework