SQL exercises on employee Database: List the ID, name, salary, and job_name of the employees
SQL employee Database: Exercise-39 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
39. From the following table, write a query in SQL to find those employees where -
1. the employees receive some commission which should not be more than the salary and annual salary including commission is below 34000.
2. Designation is ‘SALESMAN’ and working in the department ‘3001’. Return employee ID, employee name, salary and job name.
Sample table: employees
SELECT emp_id, emp_name, salary, job_name FROM employees WHERE 12*(salary+commission) < 34000 AND commission IS NOT NULL AND commission < salary AND job_name = 'SALESMAN' AND dep_id = 3001;
emp_id | emp_name | salary | job_name --------+----------+---------+---------- 64989 | ADELYN | 1700.00 | SALESMAN 65271 | WADE | 1350.00 | SALESMAN 68454 | TUCKER | 1600.00 | SALESMAN (3 rows)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose designation is ‘CLERK’ and work in the department ID 2001. Return complete information about the employees.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who are either CLERK or MANAGER. Return complete information about the employees.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
SQL: Tips of the Day
Delete all Duplicate Rows except for One in MySQL?
SELECT * FROM names; +----+--------+ | id | name | +----+--------+ | 1 | google | | 2 | yahoo | | 3 | msn | | 4 | google | | 5 | google | | 6 | yahoo | +----+--------+
1. If you want to keep the row with the lowest id value:
DELETE n1 FROM names n1, names n2 WHERE n1.id > n2.id AND n1.name = n2.name
2. If you want to keep the row with the highest id value:
DELETE n1 FROM names n1, names n2 WHERE n1.id < n2.id AND n1.name = n2.name
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework