SQL exercises on employee Database: List the ID, name, salary, and job_name of the employees
SQL employee Database: Exercise-39 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
39. Write a query in SQL to list the ID, name, salary, and job_name of the employees for -
1. Annual salary is below 34000 but receiving some commission which should not be more than the salary,
2. And designation is SALESMAN and working for department 3001.
Sample table: employees
SELECT emp_id, emp_name, salary, job_name FROM employees WHERE 12*(salary+commission) < 34000 AND commission IS NOT NULL AND commission < salary AND job_name = 'SALESMAN' AND dep_id = 3001;
emp_id | emp_name | salary | job_name --------+----------+---------+---------- 64989 | ADELYN | 1700.00 | SALESMAN 65271 | WADE | 1350.00 | SALESMAN 68454 | TUCKER | 1600.00 | SALESMAN (3 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource :
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework