SQL Exercise: List ID, name, salary, and job_name of the employees
SQL employee Database: Exercise-39 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
39. From the following table, write a query in SQL to find those employees where -
1. the employees receive some commission which should not be more than the salary and annual salary including commission is below 34000.
2. Designation is ‘SALESMAN’ and working in the department ‘3001’. Return employee ID, employee name, salary and job name.
Sample table: employees
SELECT emp_id, emp_name, salary, job_name FROM employees WHERE 12*(salary+commission) < 34000 AND commission IS NOT NULL AND commission < salary AND job_name = 'SALESMAN' AND dep_id = 3001;
emp_id | emp_name | salary | job_name --------+----------+---------+---------- 64989 | ADELYN | 1700.00 | SALESMAN 65271 | WADE | 1350.00 | SALESMAN 68454 | TUCKER | 1600.00 | SALESMAN (3 rows)
The said query in SQL that retrieves "emp_id", "emp_name", "salary", and "job_name" from the 'employees' table for salesmen in department 3001 whose annual income (including commission) is less than 34000.
WHERE clause includes rows in which the calculated annual income (salary + commission) multiplied by 12 must not exceed 34000; the "commission" column must not be null and must not be equal to the "salary" column, the "job_name" column must be 'SALESMAN', and the "dep_id" column must be 3001.
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous SQL Exercise: Employees in department 2001 with the designation CLERK.
Next SQL Exercise: List the employees who are either CLERK or MANAGER.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join