SQL exercises on employee Database: List the name, job name, salary, grade and department name of employees except CLERK and sort result set on the basis of highest salary
SQL employee Database: Exercise-85 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
85. From the following tables, write a SQL query to find all employees except CLERK and sort the result-set in descending order by salary. Return employee name, job name, salary, grade and department name.
Sample table: employees
Sample table: department
Sample table: salary_grade
SELECT e.emp_name, e.job_name, e.salary, s.grade, d.dep_name FROM employees e, department d, salary_grade s WHERE e.dep_id = d.dep_id AND e.salary BETWEEN s.min_sal AND s.max_sal AND e.job_name NOT IN('CLERK') ORDER BY e.salary DESC;
emp_name | job_name | salary | grade | dep_name ----------+-----------+---------+-------+----------- KAYLING | PRESIDENT | 6000.00 | 5 | FINANCE FRANK | ANALYST | 3100.00 | 4 | AUDIT SCARLET | ANALYST | 3100.00 | 4 | AUDIT JONAS | MANAGER | 2957.00 | 4 | AUDIT BLAZE | MANAGER | 2750.00 | 4 | MARKETING CLARE | MANAGER | 2550.00 | 4 | FINANCE ADELYN | SALESMAN | 1700.00 | 3 | MARKETING TUCKER | SALESMAN | 1600.00 | 3 | MARKETING WADE | SALESMAN | 1350.00 | 2 | MARKETING MADDEN | SALESMAN | 1350.00 | 2 | MARKETING (10 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the employees according to the department in ascending order. Return name, job name, department, salary, and grade.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees work in the department 1001 or 2001. Return employee ID, name, salary, department, grade, experience, and annual salary.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework