SQL JOINS on HR Database: Display those employees who contain a letter z to their first name and also display their last name, department, city, and state province
SQL JOINS on HR Database: Exercise-5 with Solution
5. From the following tables, write a SQL query to find those employees whose first name contains a letter ‘z’. Return first name, last name, department, city, and state province.
Sample table: departments
Sample table: employees
Sample table: locations
SELECT E.first_name,E.last_name, D.department_name, L.city, L.state_province FROM employees E JOIN departments D ON E.department_id = D.department_id JOIN locations L ON D.location_id = L.location_id WHERE E.first_name LIKE '%z%';
first_name last_name department_name city state_province Mozhe Atkinson Shipping South San Francisco California Hazel Philtanker Shipping South San Francisco California Elizabeth Bates Sales OX9 9ZB Oxford
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following tables, write a SQL query to find all those employees who work in department ID 80 or 40. Return first name, last name, department number and department name.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find all departments including those without any employee. Return first name, last name, department ID, department name.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework