SQL Exercise: Teams that scored only one goal to the torunament
SQL soccer Database: Joins Exercise-16 with Solution
16. From the following tables, write a SQL query to find the teams that have scored one goal in the tournament. Return country_name as "Team", team in the group, goal_for.
Sample table: soccer_team
Sample table: soccer_country
SELECT country_name as "Team" ,team_group, goal_for FROM soccer_team JOIN soccer_country ON soccer_team.team_id=soccer_country.country_id AND goal_for=1;
Team | team_group | goal_for ---------+------------+---------- Albania | A | 1 Austria | F | 1 Sweden | E | 1 (3 rows)
The said query in SQL that returns a list of all teams that scored only 1 goal, along with their team group and country name from the tables 'soccer_team' and 'soccer_country'.
The JOIN clause is used to combine the two tables where the team ID from the 'soccer_team' table matches the country ID from the 'soccer_country' table.
The WHERE clause filters the results to include only those rows where the number of goals scored is equal to 1.
Sample Database: soccer
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous SQL Exercise: Which player was the first to be sent off at Euro 2016.
Next SQL Exercise: Find the yellow cards received by each country.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
SQL: Tips of the Day
How to drop all tables from a database with one SQL query?
USE Databasename SELECT 'DROP TABLE [' + name + '];' FROM sys.tables
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook