SQL exercises on soccer Database: Find the club which supplied the most number of players to the 2016 EURO cup
SQL soccer Database: Subqueries Exercise-13 with Solution
13. From the following table, write a SQL query to find the club, which supplied the most number of players to the 2016-EURO cup. Return club name, number of players.
Sample table: player_mast
SELECT playing_club, COUNT(playing_club) FROM player_mast GROUP BY playing_club HAVING COUNT (playing_club)=( SELECT MAX(mycount) FROM ( SELECT playing_club, COUNT(playing_club) mycount FROM player_mast GROUP BY playing_club) pm);
playing_club | count --------------+------- Juventus | 12 Liverpool | 12 (2 rows)
Sample Database: soccer
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following tables, write a SQL query to find the team, which was defeated by Portugal in EURO cup 2016 final. Return the country name of the team.
Next: From the following tables, write a SQL query to find the player who scored the first penalty of the tournament. Return player name and Jersey number.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework