SQL exercises on soccer Database: Find the player along with his team and jersey number who scored the first penalty of the tournament
SQL soccer Database: Subqueries Exercise-15 with Solution
15. From the following tables, write a SQL query to find the player who scored the first penalty in the tournament. Return player name, Jersey number and country name.
Sample table: player_mast
Sample table: goal_details
Sample table: soccer_country
SELECT a.player_name,a.jersey_no,d.country_name FROM player_mast a, goal_details b, goal_details c, soccer_country d WHERE a.player_id=b.player_id AND a.team_id=d.country_id AND a.player_id=( SELECT b.player_id FROM goal_details b WHERE b.goal_type='P' AND b.match_no=( SELECT MIN(c.match_no) FROM goal_details c WHERE c.goal_type='P' AND c.play_stage='G')) GROUP BY player_name,jersey_no,country_name;
player_name | jersey_no | country_name ----------------+-----------+-------------- Bogdan Stancu | 19 | Romania (1 row)
Sample Database: soccer
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following tables, write a SQL query to find the player who scored the first penalty of the tournament. Return player name and Jersey number.
Next: From the following tables, write a SQL query to find the goalkeeper for Italy in penalty shootout against Germany in Football EURO cup 2016. Return goalkeeper name.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework