SQL SORTING and FILTERING on HR Database: Display all the information about the department Marketing
SQL SORTING and FILTERING on HR Database: Exercise-5 with Solution
5. From the following table, write a SQL query to find the details of 'Marketing' department. Return all fields.
Sample table: departments
SELECT * FROM departments WHERE department_name = 'Marketing';
department_id | department_name | manager_id | location_id ---------------+-----------------+------------+------------- 20 | Marketing | 201 | 1800 (1 row)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Contribute your code and comments through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who have no department number. Return employee_id, first_name, last_name, email,phone_number,hire_date, job_id, salary,commission_pct,manager_id and department_id.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose first name does not contain the letter ‘M’. Sort the result-set in ascending order by department ID. Return full name (first and last name together), hire_date, salary and department_id.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
SQL: Tips of the Day
MySQL export schema without data
mysqldump -h yourhostnameorIP -u root -p --no-data dbname > schema.sql
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework