SQL: Display all information about all salespeople
SQL Basic Select Statement: Exercise-1 with Solution
Write a SQL statement that displays all the information about all salespeople.
Sample table: salesman
SELECT * FROM salesman;
Output of the Query:
salesman_id name city commission 5001 James Hoog New York 0.15 5002 Nail Knite Paris 0.13 5005 Pit Alex London 0.11 5006 Mc Lyon Paris 0.14 5007 Paul Adam Rome 0.13 5003 Lauson Hen San Jose 0.12
SELECT [DISTINCT] [<qualifier>.]<column_name> |*| <expression> [AS <column_alias>],... FROM <table_or_view_name> | <inline_view> [[AS] <table_alias>] [WHERE <predicate>] [GROUP BY [<qualifier>.]<column_name>,... [HAVING <predicate>] ] [ORDER_BY <column_name> | <column_number> [ASC | DESC],... ];
Note: Use * to get a complete list of the columns from a table.
SELECT salesman_id, name, city, commission
Pictorial presentation :
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
SQL: Tips of the Day
Can a foreign key be NULL and/or duplicate?
First remember a Foreign key simply requires that the value in that field must exist first in a different table (the parent table). That is all an Foreign key is by definition. Null by definition is not a value. Null means that we do not yet know what the value is.
- Exercises: Weekly Top 12 Most Popular Topics
- Pandas DataFrame: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Conversion Tools
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - SUBQUERIES
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : For Loop
- Python Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Data Type: List - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C++ Basic: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Employee Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Movie Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Soccer Database
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : Recursion