SQL: Display the name and price of all the items with a price is equal or more than Rs.250 in ascending order
SQL Basic Select Statement: Exercise-28 with Solution.
From the following table, write a SQL query to find the items whose prices are higher than or equal to $250. Order the result by product price in descending, then product name in ascending. Return pro_name and pro_price.
Sample table: item_mast
SELECT pro_name, pro_price FROM item_mast WHERE pro_price >= 250 ORDER BY pro_price DESC, pro_name;
Output of the Query:
pro_name pro_price Monitor 5000.00 Mother Board 3200.00 Printer 2600.00 DVD drive 900.00 CD drive 800.00 Speaker 550.00 Key Board 450.00 Refill cartridge 350.00 Mouse 250.00 ZIP drive 250.00
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to display the pro_name as 'Item Name' and pro_priceas 'Price in Rs.'
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to calculate average price of the items of each company. Return average price and company code.
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
SQL: Tips of the Day
Can a foreign key be NULL and/or duplicate?
First remember a Foreign key simply requires that the value in that field must exist first in a different table (the parent table). That is all an Foreign key is by definition. Null by definition is not a value. Null means that we do not yet know what the value is.
- Exercises: Weekly Top 12 Most Popular Topics
- Pandas DataFrame: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Conversion Tools
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - SUBQUERIES
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : For Loop
- Python Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Data Type: List - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C++ Basic: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Employee Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Movie Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Soccer Database
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : Recursion