SQL: Select columns in different order
SQL Basic Select Statement: Exercise-7 with Solution
Write a query to display the columns in a specific order, such as order date, salesman ID, order number, and purchase amount for all orders.Sample table : orders
Sample Solution :
SELECT ord_date, salesman_id, ord_no, purch_amt FROM orders;
Output of the Query:
ord_date salesman_id ord_no purch_amt 2012-09-10 5005 70009 270.65 2012-10-05 5001 70002 65.26 2012-08-17 5003 70004 110.50 2012-07-27 5001 70005 2400.60 2012-09-10 5001 70008 5760.00 2012-10-10 5006 70010 1983.43 2012-10-10 5003 70003 2480.40 2012-08-17 5007 70011 75.29 2012-04-25 5001 70013 3045.60 2012-10-05 5002 70001 150.50 2012-09-10 5002 70007 948.50 2012-06-27 5002 70012 250.45
Pictorial presentation :
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a SQL statement to display specific columns like name and commission for all the salesmen.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the unique salespeople ID. Return salesman_id.
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
SQL: Tips of the Day
Can a foreign key be NULL and/or duplicate?
First remember a Foreign key simply requires that the value in that field must exist first in a different table (the parent table). That is all an Foreign key is by definition. Null by definition is not a value. Null means that we do not yet know what the value is.
- Exercises: Weekly Top 12 Most Popular Topics
- Pandas DataFrame: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Conversion Tools
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - SUBQUERIES
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : For Loop
- Python Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Data Type: List - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C++ Basic: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Employee Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Movie Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Soccer Database
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : Recursion