- Use array destructuring and String.prototype.toLowerCase() to decapitalize first letter, ...rest to get array of characters after first letter and then Array.prototype.join('') to make it a string again.
- Omit the upperRest argument to keep the rest of the string intact, or set it to true to convert to uppercase.
//#Source https://bit.ly/2neWfJ2 const decapitalize = ([first, ...rest], upperRest = false) => first.toLowerCase() + (upperRest ? rest.join('').toUpperCase() : rest.join('')); console.log(decapitalize('W3resource')) console.log(decapitalize('Red', true));
Note: Omit the upperRest parameter to keep the rest of the string intact, or set it to true to convert to uppercase
Improve this sample solution and post your code through Disqus
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join