PHP Exercises: Changes the color of first character of a word
PHP: Exercise-9 with Solution
Write a PHP script, which changes the color of the first character of a word.
Sample string : PHP Tutorial
Sample Solution: -
<?php $text = 'PHP Tutorial'; $text = preg_replace('/(\b[a-z])/i','<span style="color:red;">\1</span>',$text); echo $text; ?>
mixed preg_replace ( mixed $pattern , mixed $replacement , mixed $subject [, int $limit = -1 [, int &$count ]] )
Searches subject for matches to pattern and replaces them with replacement. The function returns an array if the subject parameter is an array, or a string otherwise. If matches are found, the new subject will be returned, otherwise subject will be returned unchanged or NULL if an error occurred.
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a PHP script, which will return the following components of the url 'https://www.w3resource.com/php-exercises/php-basic-exercises.php'.
Next: Write a PHP script, to check whether the page is called from 'https' or 'http'.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join