PHP Regular Expression Exercises: Remove the last word from a string
PHP regular expression: Exercise-2 with Solution
Write a PHP script that removes the last word from a string.
Sample string : 'The quick brown fox'
<?php $str1 = 'The quick brown fox'; echo preg_replace('/\W\w+\s*(\W*)$/', '$1', $str1)."\n"; ?>
The quick brown
PHP Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join