PostgreSQL Basic SELECT Statement: Get the first three characters of the first name for all employees
12. Write a query to get the first three characters of the first name for all the employees in the employees table.
SELECT SUBSTRING(first_name,1,3) FROM employees;
Sample table: employees
pg_exercises=# SELECT SUBSTRING(first_name,1,3) pg_exercises-# FROM employees; substring ----------- Ste Nee Lex Ale Bru Dav Val Dia Nan Dan Joh Ism Jos Lui Den Ale She Sig Guy Kar Mat Ada Pay Sha Kev ... Sus Her She Wil (107 rows)
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource :
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework