PostgreSQL Basic SELECT Statement: Get all the first name in uppercase
11. Write a query to get all the first name from the employees table in upper case.
SELECT UPPER(first_name) FROM employees;
Sample table: employees
pg_exercises=# SELECT UPPER(first_name) pg_exercises-# FROM employees; upper ------------- STEVEN NEENA LEX ALEXANDER BRUCE DAVID VALLI DIANA NANCY DANIEL JOHN ISMAEL JOSE MANUEL LUIS DEN ALEXANDER SHELLI SIGAL GUY KAREN MATTHEW ADAM PAYAM ... HERMANN SHELLEY WILLIAM (107 rows)
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a query to get the unique number of designations available in the employees table.
Next: Write a query to get the first three characters of the first name for all the employees in the employees table.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework