Python BeautifulSoup: Remove the contents of a tag in a given html document
BeautifulSoup: Exercise-31 with Solution
Write a Python program to remove the contents of a tag in a given html document.
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup html_content = '<a href="https://w3resource.com/">Python exercises<i>w3resource</i></a>' soup = BeautifulSoup(html_content, "lxml") print("Original Markup:") print(soup.a) tag = soup.a tag = tag.clear() print("\nAfter clearing the contents in the tag:") print(soup.a)
Original Markup: <a href="https://w3resource.com/">Python exercises<i>w3resource</i></a> After clearing the contents in the tag: <a href="https://w3resource.com/"></a>
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
name = ["Owen", "Eddie"] print(" ".join(name))
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook