Python BeautifulSoup: Wrap an element in the specified tag and create the new wrapper
BeautifulSoup: Exercise-35 with Solution
Write a Python program to wrap an element in the specified tag and create the new wrapper.
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup soup = BeautifulSoup("<p>Python exercises.</p>", "lxml") print("Original Markup:") print(soup.p.string.wrap(soup.new_tag("i"))) print("\nNew Markup:") print(soup.p.wrap(soup.new_tag("div")))
Original Markup: <i>Python exercises.</i> New Markup: <div><p><i>Python exercises.</i></p></div>
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to remove a tag or string from a given tree of html document and replace it with the given tag or string.
Next: Write a Python program to replace a given tag with whatever’s inside a given tag.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
name = ["Owen", "Eddie"] print(" ".join(name))
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook