Python: Find unique triplets whose three elements gives the sum of zero from an array of n integers
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-4 with Solution
Write a Python program to identify unique triplets whose three elements sum to zero from an array of n integers.
Python Code :
def three_sum(nums): result =  nums.sort() for i in range(len(nums)-2): if i> 0 and nums[i] == nums[i-1]: continue l, r = i+1, len(nums)-1 while l < r: s = nums[i] + nums[l] + nums[r] if s > 0: r -= 1 elif s < 0: l += 1 else: # found three sum result.append((nums[i], nums[l], nums[r])) # remove duplicates while l < r and nums[l] == nums[l+1]: l+=1 while l < r and nums[r] == nums[r-1]: r -= 1 l += 1 r -= 1 return result x = [1, -6, 4, 2, -1, 2, 0, -2, 0 ] print(three_sum(x))
[(-6, 2, 4)]
Python Code Editor :
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join