Python: Remove all instances of a given value from a given array of integers and find the length of the new array
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-75 with Solution
Write a Python program to remove all instances of a given value from a given array of integers and find the length of the newly created array.
def remove_element(array_nums, val): i = 0 while i < len(array_nums): if array_nums[i] == val: array_nums.remove(array_nums[i]) else: i += 1 return len(array_nums) print(remove_element([1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 5], 5)) print(remove_element([10,10,10,10,10], 10)) print(remove_element([10,10,10,10,10], 20)) print(remove_element(, 1))
6 0 5 0
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to calculate the maximum profit from selling and buying values of stock. An array of numbers represent the stock prices in chronological order.
Next: Write a Python program to find the starting and ending position of a given value in a given array of integers, sorted in ascending order.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join