Python: Creating multidimensional arrays with unspecified dimensions
Python ellipsis (...) Data Type: Exercise-6 with Solution
Write a Python program that uses 'Ellipsis' to create a multidimensional array with unspecified dimensions.
import numpy as np # Create a multidimensional array with unspecified dimensions nums = np.array([[[1, 2], [3, 4]], [..., ...], [[5, 6], [7, 8]]]) # Print the array print(nums)
[[list([1, 2]) list([3, 4])] [Ellipsis Ellipsis] [list([5, 6]) list([7, 8])]]
In the exercise above, we use 'ellipsis (...)' to represent unspecified dimensions in a NumPy array. The resulting array contains 'ellipsis' as placeholders for dimensions not explicitly specified. In this way, we can create multidimensional arrays without having to specify all dimensions in advance.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
Summing a sequence of numbers (calculating the sum of zero to ten with skips):
>>> l = range(0,10,2) >>> sum(l) 20
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook