Python: Get the two largest and three smallest items from a dataset
Python heap queue algorithm: Exercise-25 with Solution
Write a Python program to get the two largest and three smallest items from a dataset.
import heapq h = [10, 20, 50, 70, 90, 20, 50, 40, 60, 80, 100] print(heapq.nlargest(2,h)) print(heapq.nsmallest(3,h))
[100, 90] [10, 20, 20]
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to create a heapsort, pushing all values onto a heap and then popping off the smallest values one at a time.
Next: Write a Python program to create a queue and display all the members and size of the queue.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join