Python: Extract a specified column from a given nested list
Python List: Exercise - 108 with Solution
Write a Python program to extract a specified column from a given nested list.
def remove_column(nums, n): result = [i.pop(n) for i in nums] return result list1 = [[1, 2, 3], [2, 4, 5], [1, 1, 1]] n = 0 print("Original Nested list:") print(list1) print("Extract 1st column:") print(remove_column(list1, n)) list2 = [[1, 2, 3], [-2, 4, -5], [1, -1, 1]] n = 2 print("\nOriginal Nested list:") print(list2) print("Extract 3rd column:") print(remove_column(list2, n))
Original Nested list: [[1, 2, 3], [2, 4, 5], [1, 1, 1]] Extract 1st column: [1, 2, 1] Original Nested list: [[1, 2, 3], [-2, 4, -5], [1, -1, 1]] Extract 3rd column: [3, -5, 1]
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to remove a specified column from a given nested list.
Next: Write a Python program to rotate a given list by specified number of items to the right or left direction.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
Free up Memory:
- Manual garbage collection can be performed on timely or event based mechanism.
import gc collected_objects = gc.collect()
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook