Python: Convert a given number (integer) to a list of digits
Python List: Exercise - 234 with Solution
Write a Python program to convert a given number (integer) to a list of digits.
Use map() combined with int on the string representation of n and return a list from the result.
def digitize(n): return list(map(int, str(n))) print(digitize(123)) print(digitize(1347823))
[1, 2, 3] [1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 2, 3]
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to chunk a given list into n smaller lists.
Next: Write a Python program to find the index of the last element in the given list that satisfies the provided testing function.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
Free up Memory:
- Manual garbage collection can be performed on timely or event based mechanism.
import gc collected_objects = gc.collect()
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook