Python: Find the items that are parity outliers in a given list
Python List: Exercise - 236 with Solution
Write a Python program to find the items that are parity outliers in a given list.
- Use collections.Counter with a list comprehension to count even and odd values in the list.
- Use collections.Counter.most_common() to get the most common parity.
- Use a list comprehension to find all elements that do not match the most common parity.
from collections import Counter def find_parity_outliers(nums): return [ x for x in nums if x % 2 != Counter([n % 2 for n in nums]).most_common() ] print(find_parity_outliers([1, 2, 3, 4, 6])) print(find_parity_outliers([1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]))
[1, 3] [2, 4, 6]
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to find the index of the last element in the given list that satisfies the provided testing function.
Next: Write a Python program to convert a given list of dictionaries into a list of values corresponding to the specified key.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
Invokes the provided function after ms milliseconds:
from time import sleep def tips_delay(fn, ms, *args): sleep(ms / 1000) return fn(*args) print(tips_delay( lambda x: print(x), 1000, 'w3r' ))
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework