Python Math: Calculate the area of a trapezoid
Python Math: Exercise-3 with Solution
Write a Python program to calculate the area of a trapezoid.
Note: A trapezoid is a quadrilateral with two sides parallel. The trapezoid is equivalent to the British definition of the trapezium. An isosceles trapezoid is a trapezoid in which the base angles are equal so.
base_1 = 5 base_2 = 6 height = float(input("Height of trapezoid: ")) base_1 = float(input('Base one value: ')) base_2 = float(input('Base two value: ')) area = ((base_1 + base_2) / 2) * height print("Area is:", area)
Height of trapezoid: 6 Base one value: 10 Base two value: 5 Area is: 45.0
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
Memory Footprint Of An Object:
import sys x = 'farhadmalik' print(sys.getsizeof(x))
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook