Python: Natural Language Toolkit - Exercises, Solutions
NLTK is a leading platform for building Python programs to work with human language data. It provides easy-to-use interfaces to over 50 corpora and lexical resources such as WordNet, along with a suite of text processing libraries for classification, tokenization, stemming, tagging, parsing, and semantic reasoning, wrappers for industrial-strength NLP libraries.
The best way we learn anything is by practice and exercise questions. We have started this section for those (beginner to intermediate) who are familiar with Python, Natural Language Toolkit.
Hope, these exercises help you to improve your Python-NLTK coding skills. Currently, following sections are available, we are working hard to add more exercises .... Happy Coding!
List of Python NLTK Exercises :
NLTK requires Python versions 2.7, 3.5, 3.6, or 3.7
- Install NLTK: run sudo pip install -U nltk
- Install Numpy (optional): run sudo pip install -U numpy
- Test installation: run python then type import nltk
These instructions assume that you do not already have Python installed on your machine.
- Install Python 3.7: http://www.python.org/downloads
- Install Numpy (optional): https://www.scipy.org/scipylib/download.html
- Install NLTK: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/nltk
- Test installation: Start>Python37, then type import nltk
anaconda / packages / nltk 3.4.1 Installers:conda install
- linux-ppc64le v3.4.1
- osx-32 v3.0.4
- linux-64 v3.4.1
- win-32 v3.4.1
- osx-64 v3.4.1
- linux-32 v3.4
- win-64 v3.4.1
To install this package with conda run:
conda install -c anaconda nltk
[ Want to contribute to Python exercises? Send your code (attached with a .zip file) to us at w3resource[at]yahoo[dot]com. Please avoid copyrighted materials.]
Do not submit any solution of the above exercises at here, if you want to contribute go to the appropriate exercise page.
Test your Python skills with w3resource's quiz
Python: Tips of the Day
You can use join method to combine strings. Very useful indeed.
lst="Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia" str=",".join(lst) print(str)
A,s,i,a,,, ,E,u,r,o,p,e,,, ,A,f,r,i,c,a,,, ,A,u,s,t,r,a,l,i,a
- Exercises: Weekly Top 16 Most Popular Topics
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - SUBQUERIES
- Java Array: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : Conditional Statement
- HR Database - SORT FILTER: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : String
- Python Data Types: Dictionary - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Programming Puzzles - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C++ Array: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C# Sharp Basic Algorithm: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Lambda - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Pandas DataFrame: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Conversion Tools