NumPy: Find the first Monday in May 2017
NumPy DateTime: Exercise-5 with Solution
Write a NumPy program to find the first Monday in May 2017.
# Importing the required libraries import numpy as np # Finding the first Monday in May 2017 using numpy's busday_offset function # The '2017-05' indicates the month (May) and '0' indicates the starting day (1st) # 'roll='forward'' ensures that if the given date is not a business day (Monday), it will roll forward to the next Monday # 'weekmask='Mon'' specifies that only Mondays are considered as business days print("First Monday in May 2017:") print(np.busday_offset('2017-05', 0, roll='forward', weekmask='Mon'))
First Monday in May 2017: 2017-05-01
The above exercise finds the date of the first Monday in May 2017.
np.busday_offset('2017-05', 0, roll='forward', weekmask='Mon'):
In the above code –
- np.busday_offset() is a function that calculates the next or previous business day, given a starting date, a number of offset days, and an optional weekmask.
- '2017-05' is the starting date, representing May 2017.
- 0 is the offset, meaning no days are added or subtracted from the starting date.
- roll='forward' specifies that the offset should be added to the starting date to find the next business day, in case the starting date is not a business day.
- weekmask='Mon' specifies that only Mondays are considered as business days.
- The result of np.busday_offset() is the first Monday in May 2017, which is May 1st.
Python-Numpy Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a NumPy program to create 24 python datetime. datetime objects (single object for every hour), and then put it in a numpy array.
Next: Write a NumPy program to find the number of weekdays in March 2017.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join