Python Exercise: Check whether an alphabet is a vowel or consonant
Python Conditional: Exercise - 32 with Solution
Write a Python program to check whether an alphabet is a vowel or consonant.
l = input("Input a letter of the alphabet: ") if l in ('a', 'e', 'i', 'o', 'u'): print("%s is a vowel." % l) elif l == 'y': print("Sometimes letter y stand for vowel, sometimes stand for consonant.") else: print("%s is a consonant." % l)
Input a letter of the alphabet: u u is a vowel.
Python Code Editor:
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
name = ["Owen", "Eddie"] print(" ".join(name))
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook